Patrol Lads Head To Legionville In 1959

July 9, 1959

21 school patrol boys gathered Sunday morning just before boarding a bus for Legionville camp at Brainerd. Thanks to the generosity of Hastings sponsors who paid the $22.50, including $4 transportation cost per boy for this “once in a boyhood” venture to a beautiful campsite.

Show with Legion Post 47 adjutant Ken Matsch, front row from left: John Lightbourn, Harold Robinson, Stephen White, Conrad Fuchs, Michael Bauer. Second row from left: John Lewis, James McGrath, Roger Stoick, Ray Keiffer, Dennis Deutsch, Lloyd Rekstad, Charles Morrow. Third row, from left: Gary Glass, Marland Kimmes, Danny Fry, Bruce Bherends, Ronald Ruedy, Michael Lenz, Ridchard Engstrom, Bruce Hanson, John Conzemius. Ten of the patrol boys were from public schools, 5 each from Guardian Angels and St. Boniface parochial schools, one from Miesvile. The lads will be at camp through Saturday.